Solicitor or Legal Executive – Public Care/Child Protection
Stratford upon Avon
Up to £45k
We are working with a Lexcel accredited, multi-office Warwickshire law firm, who are looking for an experienced Childcare Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with children’s panel accreditation, to join their busy Family Care Department. The working location is flexible and can be based in Stratford upon Avon or a number of other Coventry and Warwickshire locations.
The role will involve:
- Developing a caseload of care proceedings
- Managing a caseload of child protection matters
- Drafting correspondence, briefs, court documentation, attendance notes and statements of evidence
- Time recording and preparing bills
- Attending to clients at court with counsel
Suitable Candidates will have:
- Children’s panel accreditation
- Minimum three years’ PQE running a care proceedings caseload
- An established relationship with CAFCASS
- Experience of public funding procedures
- Sound knowledge of the work of Children and Families Public Law Department
This is a full-time permanent job, working 37.5 hours per week. Benefits include five weeks’ annual leave plus bank holidays, pension scheme, private healthcare, company sick pay, ongoing training and development with regular reviews and excellent prospects for long term career development.
Note: Salary is given as a guideline in line with market rate and will be wholly dependent on experience.