Solicitor – Crime Department
Salary c £34k plus benefits
We are seeking a Solicitor with experience in Criminal law. The role is open to NQ Solicitors and above. This position will be working for a Lexcel-accredited, multi office law firm at their office in Coventry City Centre.
This is a newly created role which has come about due to continued business growth over the last 12 months.
The role will involve
- Running your own caseload of Criminal matters and assisting the Head of Department in more complex matters.
- Undertaking fee earning work for clients in the field of Criminal Law
- Representing clients both in court and at the police station
- Acting as an advocate in court
- Preparing cases for Crown Court and representing clients at police stations
- Acting as Duty Solicitor
Suitable candidates will have
- 3 years’ experience in Criminal Law with duty accreditation
- Ability to manage your own case load
- Flexibility to travel and work from a number of offices within Coventry and Warwickshire and attend Courts at different locations
- Sound knowledge of Criminal Law
- Higher Rights of Audience would be desirable
This is a full-time permanent job offered with a competitive salary and a range of benefits including competitive out of hours payments, generous holiday entitlement which increases with service, company pension scheme, discounted legal fees, private healthcare, career development and regular performance reviews.
Note: Salary is given as a guideline in line with market rate and will be wholly dependent on experience.