Accounts Assistant / Accountant
up to 24k dependant on experience
We are working with a forward-thinking, dynamic, independent firm, based in Leamington Spa, who are looking to appoint an experienced Accounts Assistant or Accountant to handle preparation and completion of tax returns, as well as a range of bookkeeping and payroll duties.
This is a newly created role which has come about due to steady business growth, and offers excellent long term career prospects, with a firm who are invested in training and development.
The role will involve:
- Preparation and completion of tax returns
- Monthly processing of client payrolls
- Accounts preparation from both incomplete records and draft trial balance stage
- Analysis of profit and loss accounts
- Analysis and interpretation of accounts and financial performance
Suitable candidates will have:
- A minimum of two years’ experience in an accounts/finance role
- Experience using accounting software
- Sound understanding of debits and credits
- Excellent IT skills including Excel
- Excellent administrative skills and attention to detail
- Awareness of reporting requirements and deadlines for returns due to HMRC
- Experience of calculating and preparing tax returns
This is a full time permanent, office-based job working 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. The role is offered with generous annual leave entitlement, free parking on-site and a range of other benefits.
Note: Salary is given as a guideline based on market rate and will be dependent on experience and qualifications.